POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animated Glaring (MPG1, 472kb) : Animated Glaring (MPG1, 472kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:40:10 EDT (-0400)
  Animated Glaring (MPG1, 472kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 19 Jun 2003 13:04:38
Message: <3ef1ed26@news.povray.org>
So, after the essential algorithms are now settled
upon, I've experimented a little with my latest
Macros (which I'll probably release in a few days,
even though the effect is easily reproducable using
a paint program with layering effects).

Sticking to the rules of the IRTC, I would use this
effect for hundreds and hundreds of frames, its
an internal post-processing routine (much like
3D-Studio Max Lens Flare or so), but NOT a
patch. Is pure POV-Script at work here...

I kinda like it. If anyone has a suggestion for
something similiar to show this effect, I'd be
happy to hear it.

Oh, rendering times:
First Pass:
Parsing: too near to 0 for POV-Ray to tell me about it... :-)
Trace: 6 seconds per frame

Second Pass:
25.3 seconds per frame of parsing,
7 seconds tracing.